How to Become an Air Hostess in 2021
The Air hostesses are also known as flight attendants and cabin crew members. Become an Air Hostess, and this is a responsible job.
Now, these days air companies are increasing their flight numbers, and they need air hostesses who can take care of their passengers and guide them.
Most people love to fly, and if you get the chance to fly and work while flying, it will feel amazing. Your dream will come true here because you are working in your profession as well, as you also fulfill your dream.
Is air hostess a good career?
Yes, it’s a promising career. After graduation, many people think that they will continue their careers as air hostesses. If you have the skills to wish people and your love to work in the air industry, this is a good place for you.
If you see the history world’s first lady, the air hostess is Ellen Church, and she is from the United States. Heinrich Kubis was the world’s first air hostess who starts their career in 1912 from German.
What do Air Hostesses do?
An air hostess serves so many responsibilities like
- They provide emergency health care when needed.
- While entering the aircraft, they greet and also help them to find their seats.
- Airhostess offers meals and drinks onboard passengers.
- Also, they guide how to sit during flight takeoffs and landing.
- Give instruction to all passengers on security measures.
- They also make sure that all types of equipment in the cabin are working or not.
- Ensures the flight cleanliness also.
- They prepare a flight report.
- Behalf of the pilot, they can make an announcement.
- They can also provide direction during an aircraft emergency.
Eligibility Criteria to become an air hostess
While preparing for air hostess, you must need some eligibility criteria to pursue. Here you will need physically fit and mental strength, so let’s discuss one by one.
- Aspirant age must be between 18 to 26 years.
- An aspirant should be eligible for an Indian passport.
- You must be good at spoken English and regional languages. If you know any foreign language, then this will be a bonus point for you.
- diadateHere it would be best if you had a minimum qualification 12th with a degree in hospitality or any graduate degrees.
- Before joining any aviation institute, you must be unmarried, but some institutes allow married girls.
- It would help if you had a minimum height of 5.2 inches or more regarding physical strength.
- The aspirant must have a fair hearing and vision eyesight of 6/6 and another side of 6/24.
- The candidate must have a good personality.
Required skills to become an air hostess
To get an air hostess job, you need some skills that will help get you in. The required skills are
- Good in interactive and communicational skills.
- As a steward, you must have a positive attitude.
- You must have behavioral skills like Pleasing Personality, English Communication Skills.
- Here must need the presence of mind.
- While talking with passengers, you must need a pleasing character.
- Here you must have the patience to work long hours.
- Here you also need team working skills.
- Should have a sense of responsibility and presence of mind skills.
- Must be good with patience.
- Good in appearance.
- The candidate should have a clear voice and speech.
Step #1: Find a job to become an air hostess
After complete your studies, start preparing to fulfill all the eligibility requirements and required skills and applying for a job where you can start your career. There are so many private and government airlines where you can apply for an air hostess post.
At first, apply in your nation after getting some experience you can find a job in international airways.
Air hostess job prospects
These are the below airways companies where you can search for air hostess jobs.
- Air India
- Indian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Emirates (Dubai)
- America Airlines (United States of America)
- Go Air
- Delta Airlines (United States of America)
- Spice Jet
- Air Canada (Canada)
- Singapore Airlines (Singapore)
- British Airways (London)
- Turkish Airlines (Turkey)
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines (Russia)
- Air France (France)
Recruitment process to become an air hostess
There are a few steps you will face during your recruitment process. Most airline companies recruit by a written test, group discussion, and interview. So let’s discuss each step.
Primarily in the Air Hostess Written Examination, it is based on reasoning and aptitude. The question paper comes with multiple choice and objective types.
After clearing your written exam, now the next stage is group discussion. Here you can give your best performance. Here you need to improve your discussion skills, which will easily crack the group discussion.
This is the last phrase where you need to show your personality. Here interviewer will check your confidence, quick thinking, behavior, communication skills. They will also check your clear and voice speech. If you feel that you are not good at these skills, then try to improve before attending the interview.
Step #2: Attend an airline training program
Every company provides a training program for newly recruited employees. They will train you for a minimum of 3 to 12 months, and during the training period, they also provide salary and transportation. Regarding compensation, sometimes it varies from company to company, many companies are there who give unpaid training.
Here they will give you a complete guide on how to handle flight emergencies, safety devices, and their use, and how to wish a passenger well.
Step #3: Beginning your career as an air hostess
When your training completes after that, you can join as an air hostess. But many airway companies do not regularize you until your one year is complete after joining.
Here you cannot expect your working schedule. Every day they will give you the new routine which you need to follow. About the working hub, it also depends on your airlines, and every day you will be work on different routes.
Air Hostess Courses
If you want to start your career as an air hostess, steward, flight attendant, there are so many options in which you can pursue.
There are 3type of air hostess courses
- Degree Course
- Diploma Course
- Post Graduate or Master Degree
- Certificate Courses
If you want to start your career after your degree, you have to choose the right path after the 12th. Below I mentioned some degree courses in which you can start your career.
- Bachelor of Science In Aviation
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- BBA In Aviation
- Bachelor of Science In Air Hostess
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
After the 10th or 12th, you can choose the air hostess course. You can also decide your career after graduation for Post Graduate Diploma.
Here are the diploma courses you can choose after 10th or graduation.
- Diploma In Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
- Diploma In Air Hostess Training
- Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma In-Ground Handling and Cargo Management
- Diploma In Airlines Management
- Certificate In Air Cargo Practices and Documentation
- Diploma In Hospitality and Travel Management
- Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma In Airport Ground Staff Training with On Job Training
- Certificate In Professional Ground Staff Services
- Diploma In Hospitality, Travel and Customer Service
- Certificate In Professional Cabin Crew Services
- Diploma In Airport Management and Customer Care
Post Graduate or Master Degree Courses
After complete your degree from a recognized university, you can pursue a postgraduate and master’s program.
These are the below courses you can study after your degree.
- PG Diploma In Airport Ground Services
- MBA In Aviation
- PG Diploma In Aviation, Travel, Customer Service and Hospitality
- Post Graduates Diploma In Aviation and Hospitality Services
It’s not necessary after complete your 12th or degree, and you need to enroll in any certification course. If you feel that you need to upgrade your course, then you can do an aviation certification course. While doing this, you can learn more about air hostesses.
Sometimes it also helps you to get the job easily. Below are the certification courses you can study.
- Airline Hospitality
- Aviation Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Hospitality Travel and Customer Service
- Airport Ground Management
- Air Hostess Management
- Flight Attendant or Cabin Crew
- International Air Cargo
- Certificate In Aviation Security and Safety
- Air RT/Radio Flight Officer
- Certificate Courses In Personality Development
- Aviation and Hospitality Services
- International Airlines and Travel Management
- Air Ticketing and Tourism
- Cabin Crew or Flight Attendant
- Aviation Customer Services
Air Hostess Salary
If you see the current situation now, the air hostess jobs are too popular every candidate wants to do this job. It also depends on company to company. You can expect your salary from Rs.30,000 /- to Rs.50,000/- per month for a fresher. After getting some job experience, you can get a handsome salary from a minimum of Rs.40,000/- to a maximum of Rs.1,50,000/- per month.
You can expect your salary from Rs.70,000/- to Rs.200,000/- per month in international airlines.
Domestic airlines like Spice Jet, IndiGo, Jet Airways, and Vistara Airlines pay you a monthly salary of Rs.35,000/- to Rs.60,000/-. In Air Indian, you can expect a higher salary than other Indian Airlines.
Training Institute for Air Hostess
There are many aviation colleges in India where you can do a course for an air hostess. Here are the best air hostess colleges where you can join.
- Universal Air Hostess Academy (Chennai)
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess (Mumbai)
- Jet Airways Training Academy (Mumbai)
- Institute for Personality, Grooming, and Etiquette (IPEG Chennai)
- Avalon Academy (Dehradun)
- Rai University (Ahmedabad)
- PTC Aviation Academy (Bangalore)
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics (Jaipur)
- Air Hostess Academy (Chandigarh, Pune)
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics (Ahmedabad, Jaipur)
What is the difference between air hostess and cabin crew?
These two names are a big difference between them, but both jobs are the same if you look at work’s role. As an air hostess and as a cabin crew, you will attend to passengers and greet them.
How much does it cost to become an air hostess?
If you want to study as an air hostess in India, then it will cost you around Rs.60,000/- to Rs.1,50,000/- per annually. Sometimes it depends on how many years you want to do, and it also depends on which college you want to do your course.
Can I become an air hostess after the 12th?
Yes, after completing your 12th, you need to enroll in a diploma course, and you can be a air hostess.
Can air hostess marry?
Generally, it depends on your company, and many companies are allowed married candidates also. Yes, you can marry during this job.
Which subject is best for air hostesses?
It would be best if you qualified in 12th from a recognized university. From 12th any stream like Science, Arts, Commerce can study for this aviation course.
Well, I hope I have cleared all the important topics regarding air hostesses.
If you dream of becoming an air hostess, steward, or flight attendant, you can do this course. This is the only job where you can meet many people in a day. You can travel from one state to another, or if you work in international airlines, you may get a chance to travel from one country to another.
Here there is a con that the flight can also delay due to bad weather, here you also need to work long hours.
The bonus tip is to improve your personality and English speaking skills to get the job done quickly because every airline needs an employee who is good at these things.
If you have any questions, you can ask in the comments section.